Well, week 2 sucked for me. I haven't really done anything this week. I had a golf outing on Monday in the Twin Cities, so I didn't get anything done there besides swinging for 18 holes of golf. Tuesday, I got back to North Prairie around noon and then went into school for a few hours before picking up the boys. Needless to say I was a little tired and fell asleep around 7:30pm that night. Man, I'm old. So no workout there. Wednesday, I had a work day at school for the morning, came home around 1pm and decided to power wash the house and then go out and pick up some things for my classroom. I could have worked out in the afternoon, but wanted to get those other things done first. Kind of shoved working out to the side of my priorities. Not the best decision, but I will blame it on the end of summer here. Thursday, I was in at school all day, from 8pm - 4:45pm, then I picked up the boys, came home and made them dinner, and went down to the last Rebels practice. I ran around for a little bit and took a few rounds of BP, but nothing major. Which brings us to today, Friday, during which I was home with the boys in the morning, neither of them decided to nap, had some lunch, put some clothes away, cleaned up the kitchen, and then they finally went down for a nap. I could work out right now, but I am deciding to post on here. Hmmmm. There seems to be a conflict of interest. Write vs. Workout.
I did just look at the all-time records posted on the Genesee Rebels baseball website.
http://geneseerebelsbaseball.com/stats_single_season_records.htm
I feel like those Olympic commercials in which the teenager watches a new world record or gold medal time being set and writes down their new goal. Only, I am not a teenager and there aren't any major league pitchers setting these records in the Land O' Lakes. I am up there for almost all of the pitching records, not at the top though. I noticed that in '09 I pitched the most innings of my career at 86. I threw 68 this summer and was falling apart. What should that tell me? '09 was when I was still working out regularly and had a lot more time to devote to baseball. It was also the summer I got married. Hmmm. Innings pitched has gone down each year I have been married. A very welcome change in my life. Getting married and starting a family that is. Not losing out on innings pitched!
So, here is my posting of my new goals.
Innings Pitched Next Summer: 80+
Victories: 8
WHIP (That's walks and hits per innings pitched): 1.30
ERA (Earned Run Average): 3.00
BB (Walks): 15
K (Strikeouts): 50
Opponents AVG: 2.25
Those are lofty goals, but I believe that I can accomplish them. I need to start working out, and CONTINUE working out throughout the off season. I can't continue to make excuses or put off working out until it is convenient for me. Let's face it. It will never be "convenient" for me to work out. The house will always need work, the family will always be here, school work will never be done, and the television will always be sitting there. Unless I cut the cable.
So what's the plan? Well, I know that I tried the morning workouts before and they never panned out, but maybe if I start with the beginning of the school year, I will be able to stick to it. I don't need to leave for school this year until 6:40am compared to 6:15am last year, so it will give me time to shower and get ready. The boys almost have me used to waking up at 5:30am anyways, so I can just stick with that and not be grumpy when they wake me up, but glad that they are serving as positive reinforcement for working out. I have the tools necessary for the job, such as weights, bench, bands, P90X DVD's if I am so inclined, and the space in the basement. Well, not a lot of space, but it's better than nothing.
That gives me today, tomorrow, and Sunday to make excuses for not working out, and then Monday, it begins. Setting the alarm for 5am and not allowing myself to hit the snooze when it goes off. Having the workout set up ahead of time to save time and a plan in place for what I am going to do.
I have a goal.
I have a time.
I have a place.
Do I have the perseverance?
Only time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment