Thursday, August 16, 2012

Jog w/ the boys

Got back from my first attempt at running with the boys in the jogging stroller. Ok, I guess it's not really a jogging stroller, but it's the thing that you hook up to the back of a bike to pull them along while biking, only it comes with a front wheel so I guess it turns into a jogging stroller.

Kind of looks like this.
Only it's blue and had two children in it,
one of which was crying the whole time.
It was a little weird running with it, especially because Joe (10 months) kept screaming the whole time. Apparently he was hungry and didn't like the idea of having to wait a little for his food. I didn't know if I should push it with both hands, swing one hand and hold on with the other, push it out in front of me and then catch up to it. It was interesting. Not too bad though.

I am pretty pleased with my run though because I finished the mile and a half loop in 13:05. That's about 25 seconds faster than on Monday, AND I was pushing the boys. I think Joe's crying had a little bit to do with it. Didn't think about how much it sucked running but was focused on his annoying wails instead. Maybe I should make a recording of him crying and plug that into my iPod every time I run. Nothing gets you motivated like an annoying baby scream! Did I say annoying? I meant.....well, yeah I guess annoying! Whatever works.

Did a few minutes of bands for the shoulder and elbow and am planning on doing some abs and stretching before bed. I say planning, because we might have our "last practice" of the summer tonight for the Rebels which really insists of a Home Run Derby and then going out to the bar for wings. Not sure if I can make it though because Kelsey has a meeting that is scheduled to go until 7pm. Maybe I'll bring the boys down to practice.......

First goal for running the 1.5 mile loop. Make it around in under 13 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment