Finished up the first week of my pledge to pay more attention to my body. As most first weeks go, this one went pretty well. I ended up going for 3 runs, which is more than I have done in the past 3 months, and saw my time drop each time out. I also went for a couple bike rides, pulling the boys behind which adds a few pounds of resistance, and did some band work for my elbow and shoulder along with some ab stuff. The first three weeks here I am taking it pretty low key. Just trying to get back into the workout routine. Then, the plan is to hit it strong starting up in September with the beginning of school. New school year = new routine. I can't afford to put it off till I have "time" anymore, because time will always be illusive. Especially with the boys and who knows what else the future will hold. Time to make working out a priority. Along with other things in life, but it is at least ONE of my priorities heading into the year.
My new time to beat around the Loop is 12:44. Not too shabby considering I was out in 13:32 the first time I went. New goal around the Loop = 12:30. Once I get comfortable running the Loop I'll add in the Circle to it as well. Right now though, 1.5 miles is more than enough for me to get out and run. The Circle will add another mile to it, so hopefully, at some point in the next few months. I'll be up for running a 5k. And I hate running.
Goal for week 2: at least 3 runs, a bike ride or two, continuing with the band work, add in more pushups and maybe some free weights, try some 8 minute abs (maybe shoot for 5 min abs).
I'm golfing on Monday, so not sure if I'll do anything then. Might have to add a little jog in on Sunday!
So far, so good. Operation "Play Ball" is still a go.
No comments:
Post a Comment